Monday 5 November 2012

Savile, Tulisa, and bunnies, oh my!

Hello blog fans!

So, last week threw up a treat for all of the acting job seekers across the lands! Let’s start at the very beginning shall we?
Monday: Logging on to my casting website of choice first thing on a Monday morning, I spy a job that would put the fear up anyone of a certain age who watches the news. ‘Jimmy Savile lookalike’. I don’t know about anyone else, but despite the fact that I’ve always had a weird obsession with wanting to be part of a reconstruction on ‘Crimewatch’, there is no way in the world that I would want to take on that job. And who on earth would want to admit to looking like him now?!? Thank goodness I’m of the wrong gender!
I then stumbled upon a very specific description of a character that was needed. Clearly some university somewhere is making their students re-create a scene from any film of their choosing. This one was for a scene from horror film ‘The Pact’. I haven’t seen this film, but I could tell what sort of girl they had hired to be in it. Let’s see if you can guess too!
‘Long straight blonde hair with roots showing, a decent American accent, English spoken, reasonable bust(!), white, average waist and height. Yep, a bimbo then. The reasonable bust was all I could manage, no applications sent today.




Tuesday: Tuesday was educational for me. I learned a new word. Strangely enough, it was the first time of two that I would read the word in a casting that week. The word was anthropomorphic. The job, to be an anthropomorphic rabbit! It was a short film about a family of rabbits, of which mother rabbit gets killed. It was all about animal rights. It sounded interesting and I noticed the name of the girl who sent out the casting was one that I recognised from another film I did in Stoke earlier this year. Obviously it could have been anyone, so I remained professional in my application but secretly hoped it was her, and that I could wangle my way into the job through knowing her and being Facebook friends! I didn’t hear anything back that day. Rats.

Wednesday: Two jobs caught my eye on Wednesday. The first one was a film about a couple who were at a party, and the male half of the couple slowly noticed the different personalities of his girlfriend. Therefore, the girlfriend would be played by five different girls. Sounded very interesting, application sent. And then it all turned around. Next job advertised: ‘Tulisa lookalike’. I think I’d rather be Jimmy Savile.




Thursday: Anthropomorphic day 2. Today’s anthropomorphic animal; a cat. More specifically, a cat owned by a man, but who gets left by the side of the road by the man’s girlfriend. What a bitch! I wasn’t suitable for any of the roles but it made me smile.

Friday: I found myself in Bedford again on Friday for some more Wild activities. To try and drum up some more ticket sales, we did a small event where children of the town could come and colour in pictures of the Wild Things, make their own Max crown, and participate in our Wild Things quiz. I sat in the cold for 3 hours, lost all feeling in my feet but actually had a very nice time! The kids seemed to enjoy themselves greatly, and eagerly went away clutching flyers and covered in glitter! Result!

Saturday: Another promotional day on Saturday, this time much closer to home. It was Wicksteed Park’s bonfire night, and Starlight were performing before the fireworks hit the sky! The seniors performed an excerpt from ‘Fame’ (happening in January, buy tickets!). The kids performed first and I was slightly apprehensive as I saw the lorry (yes, lorry, not stage!) shaking as they jumped up and down. I was relieved to only perform once out of the two showings. I’m not sure what would have happened if it had collapsed. Gulp! Anyway, performing meant that we got in for free, and I stayed to watch the fireworks which was lovely, but would have been more enjoyable had I not been scared! Oh well, better luck next year!




Sunday: I had a marvellously relaxing Sunday yesterday, I had my lovely friend Christine come over from Leicester and we just sat and talked for about 6 hours. Marvellous. My phone kept buzzing with Facebook messages from a friend who wanted to come and see Fame, but didn’t know what day she should come to, so I was surprised and chuffed when it buzzed later on with a message from the girl about the anthropomorphic rabbit film asking me if I was still interested because she’d love me to be in it! Boom! It proves after all that it’s who you know, not your talent!
So, next week, if you’re in Birmingham and see a girl dressed as a rabbit, come and say hi!

Let’s see what delights are in store this week…
Nxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment