Friday 21 December 2012

2012, I'll miss you...

Hello one and all! I do hope you are all well and survived the apocalypse, otherwise this blog post seems quite pointless!

So it's now 21st December which means there are only 3 days of 'The Wild Things' left and I'm feeling quite saddened! I've had such a lovely time doing this show. I'm not going to get all weepy about it, don't worry!

It seems forever ago that it was first mentioned to me, and it's all going to be over in the blink of an eye.

Thinking back on it, the first day of rehearsal seems like months ago, but now we're at the end, I wish I was back at the start again.

I've been so lucky to have been able to work with such lovely and talented people again this Christmas, and thankfully it prevented me from having to trawl up and down the country to endless panto auditions this year!

We've had quite a busy schedule over the past few days and despite my tiredness, I've had the best time!

2012 has been a year of ups and downs, but thankfully there have been more ups, and this has definitely been one of the best ones. I was speaking on the phone to one of my uni friends the other day who was in the Olympic Opening Ceremony along with her mum and sister, and she was telling me how much more confident her mum had become after taking part.

I didn't think too much about it at the time, but afterwards, I realised the effect that it has had on me too. I thought that the only things I'd take away from my Paralympics Opening Ceremony journey would be my fantastic new friendships, my costume(!) fantastic memories, and the bragging rights of being shown on TV and performing with Sir Ian McKellan, but I was wrong.

I realised that since the ceremony I too have become more confident. Acting is a tough profession, but I've come away being a stronger person and feel that I can actually achieve what I want to do. I always feel terrified on the first day of any acting job, but since the ceremony, I haven't cared, I've started to believe in myself. My fellow Wild Things have also been an inspiration to me without even knowing it. They're so ridiculously talented that it makes me want to up my game and work harder for what I want. I've already planned out my January and it's looking busy!

So, as I said before, there are only 3 days of shows left, five performances, three of which are completely sold out, with the others not far off. I'm definitely going to make the most of them and let 2012 go out with a bang!

(*so much for getting weepy, I'm crying!!)

I may be the poorest financially that I've ever been in my life right now, but I've had a pretty good year. Five short films, a music video, my first taste of outdoor Shakespeare, performing in the West End twice, several murder mysteries, appearing on 'The Chase' the Paralympics Opening Ceremony, and of course, The Wild Things. I also found a man who I will be spending Christmas with! I never thought that I could fit so much into such a short space of time. I can't wait to beat it in 2013, I've already got my first job of the year sorted!

I don't know how many of these people will be reading this, but I just want to thank Cally, John, Stefanie, Tanya, Lynsay and Chris. You've made me the happiest girl on the planet, thank you. And to my fellow Wild Things, let's get this rumpus started!

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Eat, drink, be merry, and let's party like the world is going to end... oh, wait! :/

Nxxx

1 comment:

  1. I hope 2013 brings great opportunities. I've seen you're work and believe you're one of the most versatile actors I've been privileged to work alongside

    ReplyDelete