Wednesday 4 March 2015

Moving forward, stepping back, and various states of undress...

Here we are again! I'll try to be concise, I don't think anyone actually expects a dissertation-length post every time I post a link to this, but I feel like it's been a while since I was last here. Wow, already rambling, I do apologise.

So, I think when I last left you, things were actually going well! Apart from my shower wobble, which I have been informed was 'sharing too much', sorry Ivan!

I've actually found time to spend with my friends recently, which is exactly what I needed. I spend far too much time working (I can't help it though, everything has to be perfect!), but it has been nice to catch up with people that I haven't seen in a very long time and talk about normal life whilst eating chicken. Lovely!

I also decided to take a week off from thinking about my upcoming shows, which has probably set me back a little bit, but I do feel better for taking a step back and not panicking about every little detail that I can't do anything about until the week of the show.

But things are getting back on track now, our Peter Pan sequel script is complete (unless we change things as we go along!), rehearsals for both shows are coming along nicely, and I'm pretty chuffed with our progress. A little breakdown every now and then seems to do me the world of good! I'm now just on the perilous hunt for props and costumes for almost 80 children, no biggie!

Personal life wise, my life is still a constant joke, another classic example happened last week when I plucked up the courage to go speed dating, for nobody else to show up(!) but hey, that's another chapter in my autobiography, and possibly another scene in a farcical play of my life that I probably wouldn't even get cast in!

I headed back over to Loughborough last weekend to participate in Chorus Theatre's Play-In-A-Day, which pretty much sums up exactly what it is! We were given 10 props and had to create a play around them and perform it at night in front of an audience. We ended up creating a very funny whodunit involving (amongst other things) a banana. (You had to be there!) I was a magicians assistant, one of my childhood dreams came true!

I had a very strange few days last week when I received emails and job offers with one recurring theme, and I began to wonder if someone was spreading rumours about me. I was offered a film job that I had applied for a couple of weeks beforehand, and was quite happy about it, until I got to the bottom of the email which read, "I just thought I'd make you aware that there is a sex scene involved but it isn't graphic and there's little nudity. Hope that's okay." Erm, what now? Nowhere in the casting breakdown did it mention any of this, and the next day, once the shock had left me, I wrote a very polite but firm response stating that I wouldn't be taking the job. What else would they spring on me while I was there?!? I think not!
I also had a message from someone I worked with at Halloween, asking me if I would like to audition for a play that he is doing later in the year. Obviously I said yes... turns out the character is a stripper! The next day I received another script that I'd be working on, and my character in that is a hooker! Either I've become highly desirable or someone is spreading stuff around about me that I'd rather they didn't! It's probably the latter!

Next week sees me back in Bedford for the always fabulous StageWrite festival, a week of new writing which I am lucky enough to be performing in every night. I'm acting in 4 very different plays, all of which are miles apart from last years selections and I'm really excited to be heading back and getting stuck in. (You can find all the details on my Facebook page)

Tomorrow I have another business lunch(!) regarding a film project, and I received an email on Monday night about a play that is hopefully going to be performed in the autumn too. Naturally I have done even more research for my next script, for which I have also been reprimanded. Sorry, John! (Seriously, I can't win with these men!)

After a couple of months of feeling miserable, I decided that for the whole of March I would try to find something positive in every day (and non work related) to make me realise that it's not actually all bad and that I do have lots of fun things going on in my life, and take a photo of it. It's only 4th March, but I'm doing alright so far! Plus, I bought myself a fabulous new handbag after work today, because a little bit of retail therapy always helps things along! I also bought myself a poncho cape at the weekend, my goodness I look fabulous in it! ;)

Helping me along with feeling good is knowing that I have done something good for other people and this week has been a double-whammy already. I've donated literally half of the clothes in my wardrobe to charity (now I really don't have anything to wear!), and I donated my seventh pint of blood! Saving people's lives never felt so good!

I shall try and post lots of exciting things during next week's StageWrite but I'm not promising anything, I'll be juggling that with all of my other jobs too, and I'll have to find at least 1 hours sleep a night!

Be nice to people,

Nxxx

Natalie's Nugget: This week it isn't show related, but... I have bought myself a beret! I'm totally bringing them back. Watch this space! Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment