Monday 26 January 2015

Frozen excitement, a self-taped audition, and 50 Shades of Neverland...?

So another week has gone by in a flash, and I'm back!

Sadly there wasn't a lot of Neverland action last week. I found myself working an abundance of hours in one of my normal person jobs, and doing very little else.

The school that I teach at had a large dance show on at the weekend, meaning I didn't get to work with my Peter Pan cast, but I did get to see them all perform marvellously on Saturday, and they were all amazing. The whole show was flawless, they typically are just before mine come around(!)

I still kept myself busy with show business though, and had the task of finalising my cast list. It was so difficult, but the decision has been made, and the cast will find out their fate on Friday. I've spent the last few days trying to dodge parents and students who have been badgering me to find out who is playing which role, and as I'm the only one that knows the entire cast list, I've tried to go into hiding for fear of being hounded!! And no, nosy parents that read this, I won't tell you before them! ;)

As well as casting, I was still desperately trying to finish the soundtrack to the show, and putting my voice overs with the tracks to make sure they sounded okay in reality and not just in my head. So far, so good. Of course with two plays, comes two soundtracks, and I found the perfect piece of music to end Act 1 of our sequel. When I heard it, it perfectly summed up the tone of the end of the scene and act, and I was really excited that I'd found such a good track to use. Unfortunately, said track comes from the upcoming '50 Shades of Grey' movie. Fingers crossed that it's only a handful of parents who will have seen it that will notice, oops! 

On Sunday I went to the house of a girl I used to go to school with to try on a very exciting dress. This Saturday I will be Elsa from Frozen at her neice's birthday party! I'm so excited!! I tried on the wig, which was a slightly startling look as I was definitely not destined to be a blonde... But once I put the dress on too, my inner 4 year old squealed with delight and I didn't want to take it off! I think I'll be more excited than the children on Saturday!

And then came today. Yesterday I received an email offering me my first audition of the year. (About time!!) as excited as I was, my heart sank slightly when I saw that I had to self-record it and put it online for them to see. Regular readers will remember the traumas I have of having my father assist me in such ventures, but thankfully due to a change in his working hours, he was unavailable, and so the role went to my Neverland partner. 

I had told him that it would only take twenty minutes to film, sent him the script and waited for his arrival this afternoon. It started off quite well. We rehearsed, did an okay take, and then it descended into madness. I got three complete takes (around 4.5 minutes) and over fifteen minutes of outtakes and bloopers! I haven't laughed so much in a long time, and it was so much fun that I forgot that I was actually auditioning for a job! I might take him along to every audition I do from now on!

We then trundled off to work with our 'Second Star' cast, who, despite giving me the most enormous headache (no need to work on their volume levels), made me laugh so much that it hurt! They chose who they want to audition for so next Monday is their time to shine!

On Thursday the script will be completed! I'm really looking forward to having a final script of our first ever original play, but I'm also really nervous about pulling to pieces what we've already got, and trying to make sure that everything is perfect. So far we've written separately, but now we have to sit down together and fight for our own ideas. I think it's going to be a very long day...! We're also off to a party on Saturday night, I do hope we don't fall out before then! But I guess you'll find out next week!

Nxxx

Natalie's Nugget: Before we've even begun work on both of these shows, I've found the next one that I want to tackle later on in the year(!) Nope, not telling! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment